2013 Spring City Raceway
American Iron Regulations
Weight 3000 straight or v-6 engine
3300 up to 318 ci v-8
3600 engines over 327 ci v-8
1. Body American made OEM steel body’s only
A. NO Camaros, Novas or GM equivalent, Firebirds, Mustangs, Barracudas, Challengers, etc. (No sports cars)
B. station wagons “OK”
2. Must retain front fire wall, complete floor pans, trunk and rear inner fenders
Must have all the glass and head and tail lights removed
1. Stock – no modifications
2. Wheelbase – 108’’ minimum
A. 108’’ – 112’’ wheelbase maximum 318 CI engine
B. Longer than 112’’
C. Chevy engine 350’’ CI maximum
D. Ford and Mopar 400’’ CI maximum
E. other engines any CI
3. All control arms front and rear must be stock
4. Standard steering boxes and linkages
5. Coil springs must remain stock
6. Roll cage must be a minimum of 1.5’’ od tubing, .095’’ thick min. Must be welded to frame or reinforced floor pan
7. All brakes must remain stock
8. Wheels - stock type only 7’’ wide maximum, no beadlocks allowed 1’’ lug nuts are (ok). DOT radials 400 minimum tread wear cheap low dollar tires
9. No recaps
10. Fuel cell mandatory
11. Pump gas only 93 max
12. Driveshaft steel type must be painted white, with loop on the car
13. Transmission - stock automatic with stock converter
14. Rearend stock CANNOT be welded
15. Engines set back stock location for make and model
16. Three bars vertical in windshield in front of driver
17. Racing seat recommended
18. Four point harness mandatory
19. Fire extinguisher mandatory - must be in working order
20. Battery must be securely mounted in box or case
21. Must have tow hooks front and rear
22. Working horns and radio (ok)
1. Stock - no modifications except up to .070 overbore engine must idle smoothly in or out of gear at 800 - 1000 rpm. If it don’t sound stock you will have to move up a class
A. No OEM performance engines allowed such as LT1, vortec sho, Cleveland, boss, magum, super duty
2. Stock fuel systems
3. Exhaust - stock cast iron manifolds.
4. Cams stock or OEM
5. Intake - stock must have factory numbers
6. Ignition - stock
7. Stock OEM replacement parts only
8. No OEM performance heads allowed on any cars.
9. May use Chevy engine in any GM car
10. May use older carbureted engines in later cars
11. Straight 6 cyl engines may use any OEM 2 bbl carburetor and header
12. No super chargers, turbo, etc
STOCK means STOCK. It will be kept that way!
This is a low dollar class and will be kept that way!
Rules may be adjusted for the fairness of competition at any time by management
If you win two races in a row you must add 25 lbs to the weight of your car n driver side.
B. Steel block only.
C. No billet crankshafts allowed
D. Any steel rods. No titanium.
E. No aftermarket heads, must be OEM steel or aluminum. Titanium valves allowed. Porting and polishing allowed.
F. Any piston allowed
G. Any cast aluminum intake or cast iron. Porting and polishing allowed. No sheet metal or homemade intakes. No spacers between intake and head.
H. One two barrel 2300 series carburetor allowed. May remove choke horn.
I. Flat tappet or roller cams allowed. Roller must add 100 lbs.
J. Wet sump oil system only. No external pump.
K. Stock type flywheel
L. Electric fuel pumps allowed. Must have rollover switch in case of rollover that kills power to pump.
13. WEIGHT. 1LB PER CC. WITH DRIVER. Must be posted on driver side of car.
14. ENGINE SETBACK. Number one spark plug cannot be no farther than upper ball joint.
15. NO TRACTION CONTROL ALLOWED
16. IGNITION. Any aftermarket ignition allowed. No crank triggers allowed.